Follow Dr. Troy's Yelp Reviews at drtroyreviews.yelp.com

Visit my serious website on today's economic and political topics as well as current events at DavidKleinOnline.com

Follow me: @DavidKishere on Twitter.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Looking good Billy Ray! Feeling Good Louis!"


Ah, the famous line from one of the best movies to come out of the 80s, Trading Places. It resonates with me because it rings true...when you look good, you feel good.

Men often associate dressing well with homosexuality. I think that’s a pure cop out on the part of those who make this statement. It seems like an excuse sheet draped over a bed of laziness. After all, the way you present yourself in life is everything.

Some say it’s too much work and have zero patience to go out and look for some respectable clothing. I can understand that, and as a guy, I don’t like spending endless hours at the mall looking for clothes either. I’d much rather spend hours at a Best Buy just checking out gadgets, but I enjoy looking good and its major benefit: Women love it when a man knows how to dress well. Therefore, when I go shopping for clothes I always have a game plan ready.

Whenever I am getting ready to go and shop for a few new items I always hit up the same locations and check their online inventory prior to going there. This allows me to look at things that interest me, have an idea of what I am looking for once I get there, try it on, pick it up and go. At times I find some extra goodies lying around that I missed during my online pre-check that I may take with me also.

My personal tip for guys who don’t like spending a lot of time shopping at the mall is to simply pick your favorite stores and only go to them. This allows you to familiarize yourself with their lay out and to always know which section to go to pick up your favorite items. Every now and then venture out and try a new spot.

Some good spots for fashionable clothing:

  • Banana Republic

  • Zara

  • CK

  • Hugo Boss

  • Lacoste

  • JCrew

This is it for now, check back soon for some more tips from Dr. Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment